Ligandrol, also know as LGD-4033 is a non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM). It has a high affinity muscle and bone androgen receptor’s rather than prostate, liver or sebaceous glands, which makes it an ideal SARM for building and preserving muscle mass and bone mineral density. This is a very powerful and beneficial androgen receptor that will offer your body a wide range of benefits.
Ligandrol is perfect for recomp as it allows users to both bulk and cut simultaneously.
LGD-4033, known also as Ligandrol is the strongest orally bioavailable, non-steroidal, selective androgen receptor modulator (SARM) currently on the market.
Popular with athletes, power lifters and bodybuilders for its ability to both bulk and cut, Ligandrol produces steroid-like results without the side effects.
It’s considered an excellent supplement for those looking to recomp: reduce their body fat and increase lean muscle mass.
From a medical perspective, Ligandrol is being studied to treat conditions such as muscle wasting linked with acute and chronic diseases, age-related muscle loss, Osteoporosis and cancer.
History Behind LGD 4033
LGD-4033 was originally discovered by Ligand pharmaceuticals and is currently under development by Viking Therapeutics as VK5211.
From the start, LGD-4033 has been anticipated to yield the healing benefits of testosterone with better safety, admissibility and patient acceptance due to the tissue-selective mechanism of action and its oral form of administering.
How it Works
Ligandrol works in the same way as other SARM’s: by selectively activating androgen receptors to promote anabolic activity exclusively in muscle and bone.
Studies show  that LGD-4033 has a high-affinity muscle and bone AR’s rather than prostate, liver or sebaceous glands, which makes it an ideal SARM for building and preserving muscle mass and bone mineral density.
Benefits of Ligandrol
There are 7 primary benefits that have been observed in both initial studies and user-reported reviews of LGD-4033.
- LGD-4033 increases lean muscle mass. The clear-cut primary benefit of supplementing with Anabolicum is its ability to increase lean muscle mass without increasing fat when bulking. The Phase 1 trial showed that participants taking 1.0mg of Ligandrol gained on average 2.66lbs (1.21kg) of lean body mass over the 21-day period. This increase was dose-dependent, meaning the more LGD-4033 taken, the more lean muscle mass was created. NB: Recommended dosage is 10mg per day. We do not advocate going higher than this dose.
- LGD-4033 may improve strength and stamina. One key study measured participants stair-climbing speed and power as an indicator of muscle strength and endurance. Results from the 21-day study indicated a trend towards dose-related improvement of stair-climbing speed and power thanks to LGD. Real users have noted an increase in muscle strength and stamina while cycling Ligandrol, which correlates with the increase in lean muscle mass seen in studies.
- LGD-4033 selectively targets muscle and bone tissue. As a true SARM, LGD targets the AR almost exclusively in muscle and bone tissue, which is why it is being studied to prevent and treat caxechia, sarcopenia, osteoporosis and older individuals recovering from hip fractures.Studies show that, even though there was clear androgenic activity in muscle and bone tissue, the prostate-specific antigen did not change significantly when taking the correct Anabolicum dosage.
- LGD-4033 may increase fat loss. LGD has amazing anti-catabolic activity, which means it prevents the breakdown of hard-earned muscle. This is why lean body mass has been reported in some users to increase even during a caloric deficit. Ligandrol also indirectly reduces body fat by increasing muscle and bone cells, which are more metabolically expensive to maintain than fat cells. By increasing muscle mass, an increase in the catabolic activity metabolism is seen, which results in an easier fat loss.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3661116/Many users report stacking LGD-4033 with S4 (Andarine) to support simultaneous bulking and cutting.
- LGD-4033 boosts mental well-being. Many users have reported feeling positive, strong and a sense of ‘alpha’ when taking Ligandrol. This state of mental wellbeing and what some have called a slight feeling of ‘aggression’ benefits their lifts in the gym as it improves their competitive streak. Just be sure not to get too competitive and keep your lifts smart and safe.
- LGD-4033 may help patients recover from hip fractures. Phase 2 of the clinical trial of Ligandrol is currently underway. Viking Pharmaceuticals noticed that older individuals are at higher risk of suffering a hip fracture and, due to sarcopenia (the natural decline of muscle mass after the age of 30), it’s harder for individuals to both retain and build lean muscle mass.Combined with a hip fracture, and the rate of morbidity due to complications after a fall increases.A supplement such as Ligandrol, which helps increase bone mineral density as well as increase lean muscle mass without the side effects of traditional treatments such as steroids is a promising treatment for an otherwise overlooked population.
- LGD-4033 may treat muscle wasting caused by cancer. Anabolicum’s Phase 1 clinical trial showed promising results for building and preserving lean muscle mass in healthy young men, which has lead Viking Pharmaceuticals to investigate how LGD could be used to treat caxechia (muscle wastage) caused by cancer. Trials are currently underway (2016). 
Does LGD-4033 cause temporary suppression of testosterone?
An interesting side effect of Ligandrol is a dose-dependent suppression of total testosterone and hormone-binding globulin levels. Although Ligandrol increased lean body mass, the study showed testosterone suppression from baseline to day 21 of the three-week study. 
However, once LGD-4033 was discontinued, testosterone levels returned to their normal baseline by day 56. A mini-PCT (Post Cycle Therapy) should assist the body in returning to baseline. You could purchase a test booster just to be on the safe side.
LGD 4033 Dosing Guidelines
Benefits have been documented with dosages as little as 3-10mg every 24 to 36 hrs. Research subjects have been known to tolerate therapy with notable benefits after 2 weeks with improvements continuing for up to 5 months (20 weeks). Note that research recognizes an increase in tolerance after 3 months with benefits continuing to decrease.
Many male users report the upper ideal limit for LGD to be 10mg per day in the morning for twelve weeks.
Although some women have reported using LGD-4033, it has been suggested that it may cause masculinisation lower doses are recommended. Females are advised to stick to an upper limit of 5mg per day.
Take 1 (one) to 2 (two) capsules daily preferably with food.
For maximum results continue cycle for 6 weeks with 30 day break.
Certificate of Analysis
In order to assure that our products are pure and unaltered, every single R2 Research Labs batch is tested by a 3rd party lab.
Every batch tested are public because we know quality is our customers’ number one concern.
There is no doubt that you are purchasing a product that meets the highest standards of quality, purity and potency.